Life Certificates of Foreign Pensioners
1. Foreign pensioners should submit their Life Certificates to the foreign pension branch by visiting the front operation counter of the Department of Pensions or through Sri Lankan Foreign missions.
2. All pensioners residing abroad or whose pension file maintains by a foreign pension division should furnish their Life Certificates every year from the 1st of December of the previous year to the 31st of March of the ensuing year. It should submit to the Head office by visiting the front operation counter of the Department of Pensions or through foreign missions in Sri Lanka.
3. Pensioners going aboard on exigency of the service and whose payments are made by the Divisional Secretariats should submit their Life Certificate obtained through foreign missions of Sri Lanka, to the Divisional Secretariats.
4. Pensions of pensioners who go abroad for a personal requirement for a period not exceeding six (06) months will not be considered foreign pensioners. Their Life Certificates should be submitted through the Grama Niladaris to the Divisional Secretariats.
5. Pensioners who are unable to visit the High Commission/Embassy/Sri Lankan foreign mission/Consulate General due to aging or sickness should submit their Life Certificates obtained from a recognized medical officer of the relevant country, by getting certified by the High Commission/Embassy/Sri Lankan foreign mission/ Consulate General.
Updated LifeResidence Certificate for the year 2023
(Click Here to Download)