Even an infant, if he/she is a Sri Lankan, is entitled to obtain a Sri Lankan Passport, for which the following documents should be submitted.
- Duly filled Application. [Download Application Form]
- Consent letter to be filled. [Download Consent Letter]
- Three Recent Photographs of the applicant taken within three (3) months physically appearing at a studio (Colour Photograph with White Background. Size : 3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Original passports of parents and the Child/Children Original Passport. (Copies of the passports of parents & child (children) as below)
- Face page – 1 page
- Residence visa of UAE – 1 page
- Alteration & Observation – 1 Page (No 4-5)
- Children Inclusion – 1 page (No 8-9 Page)
- UAE registered birth certificate – original with a copy
- Sri Lankan Birth Certificate issued by the Consulate – Original with a copy
- Sri Lankan Citizenship issued by the Consulate – Original with a copy
- Marriage Certificate of Parents (Sinhala / Tamil Original – with a copy)
Note: If the child is born in Sri Lanka omit the above Number 5,6 & 7. If the child is born in Sri Lanka, Birth certificate issued in Sri Lanka (Sinhala / Tamil original – with a copy) should be submitted
- Passport for All the Countries – AED 475
Note that now you can do the payments in Cash or Credit/Debit Cards
08 to 10 Weeks
- Application should be filled preferably in BLOCK letters
- Three photographs should be furnished as specified in the application. Please ensure that the signatures are confined to the cages provided immediately below the photographs.
- The photograph should be clear, good quality, fresh (current picture) , without spectacles or ‘mottus’ and with open ears and forehead.
- The application and original documents should be submitted along with photocopies.
NOTE : THE CHILD MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE PARENTS TO THE CONSULATE GENERAL WHEN THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS.
Please Note : Foe Child’s Passport Applications, the Child’s Name/ Child’s Signature (Which can be placed by the parents) should be mentioned in the cages provided for signatures.