An Emergency travel document valid for three months may be issued to enable a Sri Lankan national to return to Sri Lanka in case of an emergency in the following circumstances.
- The Original passport is lost
- The original Passport is Expired
- Letter requesting an Emergency passport
- Duly filled Application [Download Application Form “A”]
- If passport is lost [Download Application Form “B” and Form “C” Below]
- Three Photographs (Colour Photograph with White Background. Size: 3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Expired passport or if lost copy of lost passport
- Police report (If passport is lost)
- Legal English Translation of the Police Report
- A copy of Sri Lankan ID card or a copy of the Sri Lankan Original Sinhala birth certificate.
- NMR Passport for three months – AED 280
- NMR Passport for six months – AED 185 (Should be applied with the Original Passport)
Note that now you can do the payments in Cash or Credit/Debit Cards
Please note that the applicant should be presented to submit the application
Less than a Week
- Application should be filled preferably in BLOCK letters.
- Three photographs should be furnished as specified in the application. Please ensure that the signatures are confined to the cages provided immediately below the photographs.
- The photograph should be clear, good quality, fresh (current picture) , without spectacles and with open ears and forehead.
- The application and original documents should be submitted along with photocopies.