An Emergency travel document valid for three months may be issued to enable a Sri Lankan national to return to Sri Lanka in case of an emergency in the following circumstances.
- The Original passport is lost
- The original Passport is Expired
- Letter requesting an Emergency passport
- Duly filled Application [Download Application Form “A”]
- If passport is lost [Download Application Form “B” and Form “C” Below]
- Three Photographs (Colour Photograph with White Background. Size: 3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Expired passport or if lost copy of lost passport
- Police report (If passport is lost)
- Legal English Translation of the Police Report
- A copy of Sri Lankan ID card or a copy of the Sri Lankan Original Sinhala birth certificate.
- NMR Passport for three months – AED 280
- NMR Passport for six months – AED 185 (Should be applied with the Original Passport)
Note that now you can do the payments in Cash or Credit/Debit Cards
Please note that the applicant should be presented to submit the application
Less than a Week
- Application should be filled preferably in BLOCK letters.
- Three photographs should be furnished as specified in the application. Please ensure that the signatures are confined to the cages provided immediately below the photographs.
- The photograph should be clear, good quality, fresh (current picture) , without spectacles and with open ears and forehead.
- The application and original documents should be submitted along with photocopies.
You can submit the application to the consular division of the Consulate General by hand. The Consular Division is open from Monday to Friday (8.30 am to 1.00 pm).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE APPLICANT SHOULD PHYSICALLY BE PRESENT TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION AND FOR COLLECTION AS WELL.