All media personnel visiting Sri Lanka should obtain a visa prior to arrival in Colombo from the Consulate General of Sri Lanka in Karachi. Media personnel who wish to visit to Sri Lanka on a media assignment cannot enter on a tourist or business visa.
- Application for entry visa ‘Form B’ (Download Application Form Below)
- Journalist Attestation Form (Download Journalist Attestation Form Below)
- Passport – N.B. The validity of the passport must be at least six months beyond the date of entry in to Sri Lanka.
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- Letter of Commission: a letter from the respective media organization detailing the tentative programme with dates, places and if it contains interviews, the persons to be interviewed etc. (For freelance journalists, a letter from the editor of the publication)
- Equipment list for electronic media along with a carnet or bank guarantee for customs purposes
- Letter undertaking that the equipment will be re-exported at the end of the visit
- Return air ticket
7-10 Business Days (Conditions Apply)
However, applicants are strongly advised to apply 3 weeks prior to the intended travel date.
How to Apply
You can submit the applications to the consular division of the Consulate General by hand. The applicants must appear in person at the time of submission. The Consular Division is open from Monday to Friday (except declared public holidays) between 9.00 am to 1.00 pm.