You should apply for a tourist visa if you are travelling for one or several of the following purposes:
- Sightseeing, holidaying, excursions & relaxation
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Medical treatments including Ayurveda treatments and yoga
- Participating in sporting events, competitions and activities relating to cultural performance
The applicant or a third party on his/her behalf can apply for the visa by submitting an ETA application online via the ETA website www.eta.gov.lk
It is advised to keep a copy of the ETA approval notice with the traveler to be produced at the port of entry in Sri Lanka.
All applicants, except children below 12 years of age, must pay an ETA processing fee online. The online payment must be paid with a valid debit or credit card. Click here to see the ETA processing fee.
When applying for an ETA through third parties, payments have to be made through www.eta.gov.lk and an acknowledgement of the ETA application should be obtained. Any payments made to other websites or agencies are not valid to process the ETA. Therefore, please ensure that the payment is made on www.eta.gov.lk to avoid having to pay again at the port of entry to Sri Lanka.
However, if you wish our Consulate General to submit your ETA online application on your behalf or if you are unable to submit the online application through the ETA website due to technical reasons, please hand over your duly completed application form to us together with other required documents mentioned below for the process of obtaining ETA approval.
- Duly signed ETA application and Check List form (Download Application and Check List Form here)
- A letter explaining the requirement of the visa
- Original Passport
(N.B. The validity of the passport must be at least six months beyond the date of entry into Sri Lanka)
- Copy of the Passport – Biometric Page
- Two passport sized most recent photographs (Colour, Sky Blue Background, 1.5” x 2”)
- Copy of the bank statement showing adequate funds for your stay in Sri Lanka
- Return air ticket
- Proof of hotel accommodation or an invitation from host/sponsor in Sri Lanka
- For minor applicants – If travelling unaccompanied by parent(s), a consent letter should be submitted signed by both parent and copies of the parents passport/CNIC
ETA Processing Fee
For SAARC region Passport Holders
30 Days Double Entry – US$ 20 (PKR. 3,200/-)
90 Days Double Entry – US$ 20 + Country Fee x 2
For All Other Country Passport Holders
30 Days Double Entry – US$ 35 (PKR. 5,600/-)
90 Days Double Entry – US$ 35 + Country Fee x 2
* Country Fee for Pakistan – PKR. 120/-
3-7 Business Days (Conditions Apply)
However, applicants are strongly advised to apply 2 weeks prior to the intended travel date.
How to Apply
You can submit the applications to the consular division of the Consulate General by hand. The applicants must appear in person at the time of submission. The Consular Division is open from Monday to Friday (except declared public holidays) between 9.00 am to 1.00 pm.